Friday, October 5, 2007

Looking back...Looking forward...

I can officially claim to be the worse blogger on the WWW considering I blog once in 6 months !! Its not that I am lazy to sit down and pen something down, its more like there is so much to pen down that its hard to figure out where to start!

Maybe to start off with a picture which I find very powerful, saying the essence of the Bhagavad Gita and the root teachings of our Philosophy.



I had this picture up on FaceBook and my room mate commented:

Subah hoti hai.....Shaam hoti hai.....umar yuh hi tamam hoti hai
[Morning comes... evening comes.. and in this cycle, life gets wasted]


Truly life is like that. Srimad Bhagavatam says that with every sun rise and sun set our time in this world is shortened. In this world, with so many difficulties where even so called happiness is derived from some one's pain, what is the solution to not seeing that this life doesn't go tammam [waste]?

Looking back, I think about all the stupid things I have done, the number of times I put things in front of my chanting, my devotional service and looking back makes me realize how many days I have wasted in pursuing false happiness, mere temporary enjoyment and the so called luxury of life? I think about the number of times, I questioned by belief system, questioned those around me..

But then today, I see a new hope. I think Srila Prabhupad has given us such a big reason to not look back but to look forward, not to forget what you did in the past, but to focus on your energy for the future, not to think about what we did wrong, but to think about what we can do right.

From now on, I want to look forward not look back...

And as I look forward, I see the sun rise and shine brightly on the future of our movement, I hear the beats of the Mrdanga, I hear the sounds of the Kartals, I hear ecstatic kirtans and as the clouds part, I see the smiling face of Srila Prabhupad with his hands raised high in the air and looking up there, I see the smiling face of Sri Sri Radha Kschirachora Gopinath!

No comments: